Know Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh – Breathing through the Authentic Cultural Essence of India
With ancient cities occupying the shores of River Ganga and the royal pride of Nawabs still echoing in its air, Uttar Pradesh is the land of such cultural affluence that can not be explored in one go. Birthplace of Lord Vishnu’s two human avatars, Rama and Krishna, the state has rich trails of spirituality, heritage, classical arts and superb festive celebrations. Irresistible cuisines from Nawabi kitchens and tempting traditional snacks and sweets quickly overpower one’s senses, while the highest degree of craftsmanship leave one stunned. Likemytrip.com organizes Uttar Pradesh tours that cover every fascinating vista in the state and assure absolutely rewarding experiences.
Places to See
Taj Mahal is the iconic landmark of Uttar Pradesh, attracting millions of global tourists every year. The cities of Varanasi and Allahabad with their holy Ganga ghats, ancient Hindu temples and multidimensional architectures are the subject of exploration among culture buffs. Lucknow with its fabulous monuments, Mathura, the birthplace of Lord Krishna, Ayodhya, the birthplace of Lord Rama, and Buddhist pilgrimage destinations of Sarnath and Kushinagar are among other charming places.
Other notable attractions include Jhansi, Kanpur, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, Vrindavan, Pilibhit Tiger Reserve, Vrindavan and Fatehpur Sikri.
- Architectural styles like Mughal, Nawabi, Buddhist, Hindu, Victorian and others have such outstanding specimen across the state.
- Some of the fascinating crafts in the region include zari work, glass artifacts, ceramic pottery, chikan embroidery, brassware, woodcarving, silk items, terracotta statues, ivory work, muslin work and many more.
- Remarkable are the states cuisines that include Mughlai and Awadhi specialities like kebabs, mutton, dum biryani, korma, keema, nihari and many more. The festive platter in the state consists of puri, sabji, kachori, pulav and scrumptious desserts like kheer and sewai. Don’t miss the traditional sweets like balushai, chhena, gujia, gulabjamun, kalakand, peda, petha, chamcham and many more.
- Folk music has a huge range, starting from rasiya (telling the tales of Krishna and Radha) to qawwali, thumri and many more. The classical dance form of Kathak is extremely entertaining.
- Prefer to visit the state during Rama Navmi, Janamashthmi, Lath Maar Holi, Diwlai, Chhath Puja, Buddha Purnima, Kumbh Mela and Taj Mahotsav to enjoy grand spectacles and enthusiasm.
Excited after this glimpse of the wondrous land called Uttar Pradesh? Call us and we would plan the best itineraries for you to explore it in real.