Know Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh – India’s Geographical Heart that Prefers to Beat Ethnically
The land of rich classical and folk music and dance forms, Madhya Pradesh constitute India’s heartland and continues to preserve and pamper the country’s historical and culturally-affluent past. From being a home to the Homo erectus to being a part of the celebrated empires and dynasties like Mauryas, Guptas, Chandelas, Bundelas, Mughals and Marathas, the region actively participated in the First War of Indian Independence in 1857 and was transformed into the state of Madhya Pradesh in 1950. A number of historical cities, tiger reserves, World Heritage Sites and pilgrimage destinations make it a world-renowned tourist destination that you would love to explore with Likemytrip.com.
Places to Visit
The Group of Monuments at Khajuraho is the acclaimed UNESCO World Heritage Site, known for temples depicting erotica through brilliantly carved stones. Gwalior and Orchha together host the grand forts, palaces and monuments, while the Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka (another World Heritage Site) preserve the Stone Age rock art and paintings. National Parks and Tiger Reserves of Kanha, Bandhavgarh and Pench accommodate more than 900 Bengal tigers that bring tourists in large hordes to the state.
Some other popular tourist attractions include Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi, the cities like Ujjain and Bhopal, Marble Rocks of Jabalpur, temple towns of Mandleshwar and Omkareshwar and the sole hill station in the state called Panchmarhi.
- Madhya Pradesh is like a microcosm which imitates India’s cultural harmony by sheltering people from all religions and also conserves the tribal culture of ancient India.
- Revering the engaging folk songs styles like Faga, Kalbelia, Videsia, Sanja Geet and equally absorbing folk dances like Badhai, Saira, Baredi, Sua, Dadel and many more are the frequently held music festivals that explore the ocean of India’s classical music.
- Also popular are the festivals like Dussehra, Diwali, Ramnavmi, Malwa Festival, Kumb Mela and others celebrated with great zeal and zest.
- Cuisines like region’s specialty dal bafla, Mughlai preparations like rogan josh, korma, kebab and paya soup, sweets like jalebi, kaju barfi and kusli and the spicy chaats are quite popular.
- Folk paintings, block paintings, jute work, terracotta items, woodcraft, doll making and many such crafts can be explored across the state.
Likemytrip.com feels proud of its association with Madhya Pradesh. Trust our name and experience and gift yourself a wonderful holiday in the state.