Dwarka – Welcome to Lord Krishna’s Divine Kingdom
Lord Krishna shifted from Mathrua to establish his kingdom in Gujarat and that’s how the pristine city of Dwarka came into being. Though the original city lies submerged under Arabian Sea, the preset-day coastal city of Dwarka is no less in being an outstanding spiritual destination. Flocks of pilgrims and culture buffs throng the place to pray at architecturally wondrous temples and indulge in many relaxing activities. Likemytrip.com is glad to plan fulfilling journeys to this remarkable place where you are bound to feel connected to the almighty.
Places to See
Dwarkadheesh Temple with its brilliant architecture is the abode of Krishna worshipped as Lord Dwarkadheesh (King of Dwarka). Located on the bank of Gomti Creek which eventually meets Arabian Sea just few meters away, the temple also has shrines dedicated to Balarama, Radha, Lakshmi, Rukmani, Devaki and other members of Krishna’s family.
Other tourist attractions include Rukmini Devi Temple, Gomti Ghat, Nageshwar Temple, Hanuman Dandi Temple and Gopi Talab. Bet Dwarka, a historical lighthouse and beach promenade are other popular sites.
- As legends state, Lord Krishna recovered land from the sea to establish Dwarka.
- The temple has two gateways, one called Moksha Dwar (Door to Salvation) and the other is Swarga Dwar (Door to Heaven).
- Dwarka is one among the four destinations of Char Dham located in four cardinal directions (Dwarka in west). It is also among the 7 most ancient religious cities (called Saptapuris).
- Taking bath at Gomti Ghat is considered auspicious and believed to wash off one’s sins.
- Temple’s flag is changed 4-5 times a day. Don’t miss the aarti (prayers) at the main temple.
- Janamashthmi (marking Krishna’s birth) is celebrated with great enthusiasm here.
- Bet Dwarka can be accessed in a ferry (a wonderful ride). Make sure you visit the place to explore Krishna’s residence and other attractions.
- Patola silk sarees, bandhni fabric art, footwear with amazing embellishment and embroidery work are among the exciting items worth buying at local bazaars.
- Gujarati thali consisting of some mind-blowing delicacies and other preparations like dhokla and jalebi are quite irresistible.
You would not get a better tour operator than Like My Trip to plan a trip to Dwarka. Contact us now for a customized tour at attractive prices.