Jammu And Kashmir
Jammu & Kashmir – Discover the Paradise Actually Descended on Earth
The towering Himalayan and Zanskar Ranges enclose hoary glaciers, river-fed luxuriantly-green pristine valleys, alpine meadows and high-altitude lakes and several similar natural vistas and this fairy-tale arrangement is known as Jammu & Kashmir, the northernmost Indian state. In the folds of nature’s such amazing grandeur, there are historical ruins, sacred shrines, monasteries and mosques, beautiful agricultural farms, orchards and saffron gardens and a distinctive culture making it a land of wonders. Plan a honeymoon, adventure, leisure or pilgrimage trip to J&K with Likemytrip.com to extract the best out of the experience.
Srinagar (known for its spectacular Dal Lake and shikara houseboats), Pahalgam, Sonmarg and Gulmarg (a premium ski resort and known for stunning gondola ride) are the top attractions of the state. Another equally delightful region is that of Ladakh, which hosts pristine lakes, white sand dunes, Buddhist monasteries, high mountain passes and much more.
Other famous places include Patnitop Hill Station, sacred Hindu shrines of Vaishno Devi and Amarnath, Vernag Spring and Mughal Garden, Martand Sun Temple, Mansar Lake and more. Don’t miss the adventures like trekking, rafting, mountain biking and wildlife explorations at Dachigam National Park, Surnisar Mansar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kishtwar High Altitude National Park and several other wildlife reserves.
- Explore the outstanding blend of Hindu and Islamic architectural styles at various forts and monuments across the state.
- Buddhist heritage in Ladakh bears the influence of Tibetan culture and is definitely worth exploring.
- Dance forms like Rouf, Dumhal, Hafiza and Chakri and music bearing the influence of Central Asia leave one spellbound. Kashmiri classical music (based on sufiana style and making use of santoor and other amazing instruments) and Hindustani classical music are melodious treats to the ears. Tibetan music and energetic mask dances in Ladakh are equally entertaining.
- Eid and Urs are the popular Muslim festivals, while Buddhist festivals celebrated in Ladakh are full of colorful celebrations. Dussehra and Baisakhi too are celebrated with great gusto. Tulip Festival and Purmandal Mela attract huge flocks of international tourists.
- Mughlai and Islamic cuisines dominate the state’s food scene. Rogan josh, qabargaah, dum olav, modur pulaav, goshtaba and the multi-course meal called wazwan are simple irresistible.
- Don’t miss the fascinating shopping items, which include the local produces like saffron and walnuts and astounding handicrafts like hand-woven carpets, woolen shawls, embroidery work, walnut wood artifacts, thangka paintings, pottery and many more.
With years of experience in organizing Jammu & Kashmir packages, LikeMyTrip is here to guide you the best way possible. Contact us right now to discuss your holiday plans.