Andaman – A Spectacular World of Wonders Resting over Bay of Bengal
More than 600 islands create the beautiful collage known as Andaman. About 1,400 km. from the mainland India, it has been a home to numerous indigenous tribes for centuries with Cholas, Marathas, British and Japanese stepping in for brief periods. The few of the islands open to tourists boast of the glittery-white beaches flanked by emerald green waters of Bay of Bengal. Dense canopies formed by deciduous, wet evergreen, tropical and mangrove forests shelter the exotic animals and birds, while the fascinating coral reefs are no less than treasure troves. Whether you seek exhilarating water adventures or plan a romantic date, Andaman capably entertains each of your fantasies. Likemytrip.com offers Andaman packages to explore the invigorating nature and culture of this secluded world.
Places to See
Havelock Island is the most popular in the lot with the exquisite beaches of Radhanagar and Elephant to its credit. Scuba diving, snorkeling and trekking are among the best things to do here. Andaman’s capital Port Blair houses the colonial heritage ranging from the British Cellular Jail to Japanese Bunkers as well as museums and beaches. Don’t miss snorkeling, sea walking and game fishing here.
Other must-visit places include the islands like Ross, Neil, Rutland, Barren, Long and Little Andaman blessed with lavish greenery, silky sand beaches and unspoiled charm. Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park is another wonderful addition to the world.
- Luxury resorts along the beaches contribute towards the beach culture of Andaman.
- The age-old tribal music and dances are simply outstanding.
- Migrants from different Indian states contribute towards the ‘Mini-India’ profile of Andaman. Festivals like Diwali, Durga Puja, Onam, Pongal and Christmas are celebrated with enthusiasm.
- Indian Tourism Festival, Beach festival, Monsoon Festival and Film Festival are among the popular events.
- Apart from the specialties from various regions, Andaman is specifically popular for irresistible seafood.
- Andaman fulfills your idea to escape from the ordinary world to an extra-ordinary out-of-the-world place. Contact Likemytrip.com to guide and assist you in this unforgettable itinerary.
With years of experience in organizing Andaman packages, LikeMyTrip is here to guide you the best way possible. Contact us right now to discuss your holiday plans.