The COVID-19 pandemic has had a extreme impression on the psychological well being and wellbeing of individuals around the globe whereas additionally elevating issues of elevated suicidal behaviour. As well as entry to psychological well being companies has been severely impeded. Nonetheless, no complete abstract of the present knowledge on these impacts has till now been made broadly obtainable.
This scientific temporary is predicated on proof from analysis commissioned by WHO, together with an umbrella overview of systematic critiques and meta-analyses and an replace to a residing systematic overview. Knowledgeable by these critiques, the scientific temporary gives a complete overview of present proof about:
- the impression of the COVID-19 pandemic on the prevalence of psychological well being signs and psychological problems
- the impression of the COVID-19 pandemic on prevalence of suicidal ideas and behaviours
- the chance of an infection, extreme sickness and demise from COVID-19 for individuals residing with psychological problems
- the impression of the COVID-19 pandemic on psychological well being companies
- the effectiveness of psychological interventions tailored to the COVID-19 pandemic to stop or scale back psychological well being issues and/or preserve entry to psychological well being companies