March 8, 2022
Apple announced the new iPhone SE: a powerful mobile phone in a premium design
The most affordable iPhone has the power of A15 Bionic, 5G, better battery life, improved durability, and a new camera system with advanced features such as Smart HDR 4, Photo Styles, and Deep Fusion
Cupertino, California Apple today announced the iPhone SE, a powerful new iPhone in design, with exceptional capabilities and performance at an incredible price. The iPhone SE comes in a compact and durable design, and with iOS 15, it offers a seamless user experience. The new iPhone SE has an impressive development including the A15 Bionic function, which gives the ability to increase the power of the camera and makes almost every experience better, from photo editing to powerful functions such as gaming and augmented reality. With 5G, longer battery life, and better durability, the iPhone SE comes in three stunning colors – midnight, starlight, and (FREE) RED.1 The iPhone SE will be available for pre-order this Friday, March 11, with availability starting Friday, March 18.
“iPhone SE has been a popular choice with our existing and new iPhone customers, thanks to its design, high performance, and affordable price. This year we have built the most powerful and durable iPhone SE yet, with better battery life thanks to the A15 Bionic, the same chip as the iPhone 13 lineup that also unlocks advanced camera features like Smart HDR 4, Image Processing, and Deep Fusion,” said Kaiann Dance, vice president Apple’s global iPhone brand.” And with 5G, the iPhone SE offers users faster downloads and uploads, better video streaming, real-time interactions in apps, and much more. Delivering a new generation of technology and performance at this price is something only Apple can do. “
Iconic Design with 4.7-inch Display
The iPhone SE is as durable as it is beautiful, and has an aluminum design and space glass, now with the strongest glass in a smartphone on the front and back – the same as on the back of the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13. Rated IP67 for water and dust resistance, iPhone SE is designed to protect against spills.2 The iPhone SE features a familiar home button with Touch ID — a simple, independent, and secure alternative to accessing apps, authorizing App Store purchases, making Apple Pay transactions, and more.
A15 Bionic: The Ultimate Smartphone Chip
Apple’s silicon power provides industry-leading design and cutting-edge capabilities for the iPhone. The lightning-fast A15 Bionic – introduced with iPhone 13 – comes to iPhone SE and makes almost every experience better, from launching applications to running demanding tasks with ease. A15 Bionic powerful 6-core CPU package, the fastest CPU in a mobile phone, with two main processors and four high-performance processors, makes the iPhone SE up to 1.8x faster than the iPhone 8, even faster compared to older models. The 16-core Neural Engine is capable of performing 15.8 trillion operations per second, allowing for faster machine calculations for third-party applications, including unlocking features for iPhone SE such as Live Text in the app Camera support with iOS 15 and device apps. Perfect for photography, gaming, and augmented reality experiences, the A15 Bionic makes every activity feel fluid.
Built for efficiency, the A15 Bionic works with the latest state-of-the-art battery chemistry and integration with iOS 15 to enable better battery life on iPhone SE. Even with a smaller form factor and new technologies like 5G, the iPhone SE has a longer battery life than the previous generation and older 4.7-inch iPhone models. The iPhone SE is compatible with Qi-certified chargers for wireless charging, and supports fast charging.3
New A15 Bionic Powerful Camera Experience
The iPhone SE has a new camera system powered by the A15 Bionic, with a 12-megapixel ƒ/1.8 wide-angle camera that offers amazing photography benefits, including Smart HDR 4, Image Processing, Deep Fusion, and Picture Mode.4 Introduced with the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13, Smart HDR 4 uses intelligent classification to apply different adjustments for color, contrast, and noise to the subject along with the background. This ensures faces are properly exposed in challenging lighting, and renders the people in the image one by one, with different adjustments optimized for brightness and skin tone for each individual. Photo Style allows users to bring their favorite photo elements to any photo while taking advantage of Apple’s multiframe photo processing. Set with specially selected elements that work in scenes and subjects, and unlike a simple filter, carefully apply the appropriate adjustments to different parts of the image to ensure the things that are important, such as skin tones, are preserved. Deep Fusion uses machine learning to perform pixel-by-pixel processing, optimizing for texture, detail, and noise in every part of an image. The image signal processor in the A15 Bionic provides high-quality videos with reduced noise, especially in low light, with the best white balance and true skin tone.
5G is coming to the iPhone SE
5G allows users to take advantage of the latest wireless technology, with faster uploads and downloads, less lag, and a better experience in more places – like seeing family with higher quality FaceTime HD calls, even on mobile data hand not on Wi. -Prevail.5 With iOS 15, SharePlay on 5G opens up powerful experiences like watching HDR movies or TV shows with friends during FaceTime calls. And Smart Data mode will conserve battery life by automatically switching iPhone to LTE when 5G speeds aren’t needed. Support for 5G worldwide is growing, with more than 200 carriers in more than 70 markets and regions supporting it by the end of the year.
It has iOS 15
iOS 15 enhances the iPhone experience with more ways to stay connected, powerful updates that help users focus and explore, and intelligent features to do more with iPhone. FaceTime calls now feel more natural with spatial audio and a new Picture mode, SharePlay provides a way for users to share experiences with friends and family during FaceTime calls, Focus helps users reduce distractions attention, the notification has been redesigned, and Live Text is used on. -machine intelligence to recognize text in an image and allows users to take action. Apple Maps brings beautiful ways to navigate and explore the world with a three-dimensional driving experience and directions in augmented reality. The environment has been redesigned with on-screen maps and more graphical information displays, Wallet adds support for home keys and state ID, and privacy controls in Siri, Mail, and more areas in the system further protect user data.6
iPhone SE and Environment
Like iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13, iPhone SE is designed to reduce its impact on the environment. iPhone SE is made from recycled materials, including rare 100 percent recycled materials in the Taptic Engine and acoustic magnets, 100 percent recycled tungsten advantage in the Taptic Engine, and 100 percent recycled tin in the top seller of the logic board. The redesigned packaging eliminates the outer plastic cover, bringing Apple closer to its goal of completely removing plastic from all packaging by 2025. The iPhone SE meets Apple’s high standards for energy efficiency and remains free of Many harmful things are not.
Today, Apple is carbon neutral for its global corporate operations, and by 2030, it plans to have a zero environmental impact across the entire business, which includes supply chains and all aspects of a product’s life cycle. This means that every Apple device sold, from manufacturing, assembly, transportation, customer use, charging, through recycling and returns, will be 100% neutral. carbon.
Price and availability
- iPhone SE will be available in 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB variants in Midnight, Starlight, and (FREE) RED starting from $429 (America).
- Customers a Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Japanand Britainand Americaand more than 30 other countries and regions will be able to pre-order the iPhone SE starting at 5 a.m. on Friday, March 11, with availability starting Friday, March 18.
- Customers can get iPhone SE for $17.87 (US) one month before trade-in from apple.com/store, in the Apple Store app, and at Apple Store locations.7
- iPhone SE is also available through Apple Authorized Resellers and select carriers.
- Apple offers customers many services in store and online. From personalized support and advice from Apple experts to convenient delivery and pickup options, Apple ensures the best way to buy Apple products from Apple Store locations and apple.com/store.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Apple’s five software platforms – iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS – provide a seamless experience across all Apple devices and empower people with advanced services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay, and iCloud. More than 100,000 Apple employees are dedicated to making the best products in the world, and to leaving the world better than we found it.
- Every iPhone SE (PRODUCT) RED purchase makes a direct donation to the Global Fund to fight diseases like COVID-19 and AIDS.
- The iPhone SE is splash, water- and dust-proof, and tested under controlled laboratory conditions with an IP67 rating under the IEC 60529 standard (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Explosion, water, and dust resistance is not a permanent condition. Resistance can decrease as a result of normal wear and tear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user manual for cleaning and drying instructions. Water damage is not covered under warranty.
- Up to 50 percent in 30 minutes with a 20W or higher adapter (sold separately).
- The photo mode on the iPhone SE has the ability to recognize people.
- A database is required. 5G, Gigabit LTE, VoLTE, and Wi-Fi calling are available in select markets and through select carriers. Speeds are based on theoretical equipment and vary depending on the site and carrier. For details on 5G and LTE support, customers can contact their carrier or visit apple.com/iphone/cellular.
- Some features may not be available in all regions or all languages. For more information on iOS 15, visit apple.com/ios/ios-15/features.
- This option is available to qualified customers and requires a 24-month credit period when choosing the One Citizen Card or the Apple Monthly Card (ACMI) as the type of payment at the checkout at Apple. iPhone activation with AT&T, T-Mobile/Sprint, or Verizon is required for purchases made with ACMI at an Apple Store. Tax and shipping are not included in ACMI and are subject to the cardholder’s flat APR. Additional ACMI terms are in the Customer Agreement. Additional terms for iPhone Installments are at apple.com/legal/sales-support/iphoneinstallments_us.
Apple Media Helpline