The negotiations on the super fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua are not over.

Eddie Hearn, Joshua’s promoter, believes the fight will not be confirmed, at least for the controversial December 3 date.

But he insists they are open to further talks.

“As far as we’re concerned, the fight is over. We’re happy to continue discussions,” Hearn said.

Please use the Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Fraser Clarke has commented on the ongoing rumors surrounding a possible fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.

“In our opinion, he’s not going to fight Anthony Joshua. We’re very happy to continue those talks, but what we’ve been told is that the deadline has passed and so has the whole country.

“We sent back the final copy of the contract, they came back with the scores and told us the fight was done by the man himself.”

Fury last week gave Joshua a deadline to sign a contract to face Fury. Since then, there has been no further progress in the fight.

Please use the Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Tyson Fury last week gave Anthony Joshua another deadline to sign a contract that would see the pair face off in December.

“They gave us terms and a date they thought we wouldn’t accept. We accepted it. We were ready to go. If they signed the contract on Monday, they would fight. They asked us to to make the deal. by Monday, then we were asked to agree it by Wednesday. We returned the comments on Wednesday. [then]and we were told the war would stop,” Hearn said.

“It’s still there. It’s still open for discussion. But we’re not going to play with someone who just tells AJ it’s off, and then he’s friends, he has to sign it, etc.

“If you’re going to fight someone else, fight and we’ll do our thing and see what happens.”

If Joshua’s team wants to go in a different direction for their next fight, Fury will also have other options for a fight in December. Rival Mahmoud Charr has already spoken to him Sky Sports Invite Fury to sign a war contract with him.

Please use the Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Mahmoud Charr has questioned whether Tyson Fury is “afraid” to sign the fight after his team revealed he tried to contact WBC champion Frank Warren’s promoter.

Sky Sports News Fury’s promoters Queensberry and Top Rank have been contacted for comment.



Source link